2020 Missouri Conference on History Student Paper Prize

It actually happened a while ago. I just realized that I have not updated this blog for a really long time. So, after posting my LinkedIn article here in my last post, I decided to also update another achievement of my academic life. 

I received this prize on my birthday. I cannot think of a better birthday gift than receiving the Student Paper Prize at 2020 Missouri Conference on History! English is not my native language, so I have been working on my writing constantly. This award is such a great honor to me! I am thankful for my advisor Lorri Glover. Dr. Rozbicki had been helping me refining my writing ever since I came to SLU, and Dr. Glover has been kind and helped me a lot after Dr. Rozbicki passed away last year. She has offered me useful and meaningful advice on my dissertation writing. She is also very kind to give me her ticket to the award luncheon, which I wasn't planing to attend until being notified winning the award. She is also very kind to buy the luncheon ticket for my wife so that she can be here with me in the award luncheon. It is a great honor winning this award and I am grateful for all those who have helped me to this point.

(My advisor and mentor, Dr. Michal Rozbicki, passed away on July 31, 2019. I have written a memorial piece published on the Junto Blog.)

Update on September 3, 2020: The official news is finally on the website of Missouri Conference on History. You will find it here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledgement of My Dissertation

An "Other" Historian's Diary

Some Reflections on MLK Day